One of the great attributes of God is that He never changes
God and His Word are one and the same (John 1:1). People can change, feelings can change, circumstances can change….but God never changes.
God’s Word is God’s will—for all people, for all time. It is forever settled in heaven (Psalm 119:89).
- The Bible in its entirety is the inspired Word of God, final authority, and the infallible rule of faith and conduct (II Timothy 3:16, I Thessalonians 2:13, II Peter 1:21).
- In one God—Father, Son and Holy Spirit, Creator of all things (John 1:3, John 10:30, John 14:26, Ephesians 3:9, Colossians 1:16-17, Philippians 2:5-7).
- That the Lord Jesus Christ, the First begotten Son of God, was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, was crucified, died, buried, resurrected, ascended into heaven, and is now seated at the right hand of God the Father and is true God and true man ( Genesis 3:15, Isaiah 7:14, Luke 1:26-31, Luke 24:50-51, Hebrews 1:3-6).
- In the resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost (I Thessalonians 4:16-17, Hebrews 9: 27-28, Revelation 20:6, Revelation 20:11-15).
- In personal salvation of believers through the shed blood of Jesus Christ ( John 3:3-5, John 14:6, Romans 10:9-10, Ephesians 2:8-9, Hebrews 9:12).
- In sanctification through the Word of God and by the Holy Spirit, and we believe in personal holiness, purity of heart and life (John 17:17, Acts 20:32, I Corinthians 1:30, Hebrews 2:11, Hebrews 10:14, I Peter 1:15-16).
- In divine healing, through faith in the Name of Jesus Christ, and that healing is included in the Redemption (Matthew 9:35, Matthew 10:1, Luke 9:11, Acts 10:38, I Peter 2:24).
- Water baptism by immersion and is for believers only. The ordinance is a symbol of the Christian’s identification with Christ in his death, burial and resurrection (Matthew 28:19, Acts 8:36-39, Romans 6:4, Colossians 2:12).
- In the Baptism of the Holy Spirit as distinct from the New Birth, in speaking with tongues as the Spirit of God gives utterance, in the gifts of the Spirit, and the evidence of the fruit of the Spirit. We believe that all of these are available to believers (Matthew 3:11, John 7:38, Acts 1:8, Acts 2:4, Acts 19:1-6, I Corinthians 12:1, 7-11, I Corinthians 14:2-5, Galatians 5:22-25).
- In the Christian’s hope—the soon coming personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:3, Acts 1:11, I Thessalonians 4:13-17, Hebrews 9:28).